Where can I travel in Europe with a UK working resident card

Travelling documents for non-EU Loved Ones

Under EU rules, you have the right to travelling along with your family members (non-EU spouse, children, dependent parents or dependent grandparents) to an EU country other than the one you’re a national of. When you’ve moved into another EU state, they’re also able to connect you there. These rules also apply to your non-EU registered partner in the event the country they are travelling to believes registered partnerships as equal to marriage.

Additional non-EU extended family members – such as grandparents, cousins, aunts, uncles, in addition to your non-EU, registered partner (in states where registered partnerships are not regarded as equivalent to the union ) – can under certain conditions be entitled to get their own entry eased when travelling with you of if joining you in a different EU country. EU countries do not automatically have to give this right but they do at least have to think about the request.

Your non-EU relatives should have a valid passport in any respect times and, based upon the country they are from, they might also have to show an entrance visa at the border.

There are several states (see Annex II) whose nationals do not need a visa to see the EU for 3 months or less. The list of nations whose nationals require visas to go to Ireland differs marginally from other EU nations.

Consulate or embassy of the country you’re travelling to well in advance to determine which documents your non-EU relative is going to be requested to present in the edge.

Read more about your non-EU relatives’ home rights if they proceed with one to another EU country.


Have you got a residence document in an EU country?

Yes – I have a residence card within an EU federal household member issued with an EU country aside from the country my EU spouse/partner is a federal of Yes – I have a home document issued by the EU country my EU spouse/partner is nationwide of No One does not have a home card as an EU national household member – issued with an EU country – or a residence document – issued by an EU nation You have to have a visa.


In what EU nation was your home card issued?

Non-Schengen region country (Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Ireland, Romania)


What EU country are you travelling to?

Schengen region country (Austria, Belgium, Czechia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland.) Non-Schengen area country (Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Ireland, Romania)


Britain and the EU finally came to a trade deal just days prior to the end of the transition period.

UK taxpayers now have definitive answers to questions such as:’do I need a visa to Europe from the UK’ and is my native passport still valid after Brexit?’.

This transition period has now come to a conclusion with all the EU and UK entering a new connection from 1st January 2021.

After extreme trade bargain negotiations between either side, a bargain, ” the EU-UK Trade and Cooperation Agreement, was attained on December 24th 2020. The agreement defines the character of UK-EU relations going forward, such as short-term travel between the areas and also the rights of UK citizens working and living in EU nations.

This report takes a closer look at those elements of the arrangement, with a specific focus on ETIAS, the new visa waiver for Europe which British citizens will require.

Meanwhile, the UK has come into monetary agreements with several non-European countries, setting out Britain’s relationship with the rest of earth post-Brexit.


Short-term excursions from the UK into Europe

Now the Brexit transition period has finished, this is no more the situation.

UK travellers are still permitted to see for short trips with no visa, given the UK additionally grants visa-free access to EU nationals.

“. . .both parties provide for visa-free travelling for short-term visits in respect of the nationals in accordance with their national law” This usually means that travellers from the EU and UK may continue to enter for tourism, research, study, instruction and youth exchange programmes.

UK taxpayers will therefore not have to apply for a Schengen Visa like several different nationalities.

Details of additional prerequisites for UK citizens travelling to Europe also have been published, covering areas such as health care, forcing, and mobile roaming costs. Additional information is seen below.


Leave a Comment